Recipe Servings: 4
Recipe Cook Time: 25 Minutes
This dish is classic Italian starter, bread sliced and topped with different toppings like evergreen tomato-basil and mushroom-garlic.
- 1 loaf of country bread
- Cloves of garlic
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Basil leaves
- 5 Tbsp of olive oil
- 4 portobello mushrooms sliced
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make?
- Slice the bread into two halves from the center.
- Cut a clove of garlic, rub on the surface of bread and sprinkle some olive oil on it.
- Roast in the oven for 5 minutes.
For mushroom and garlic topping:
- In a pan put butter, oil, garlic, thyme and stir.
- Add mushrooms, chopped chillies and toss.
- Add salt, pepper and cook.
For tomato and basil topping:
- In a bowl add chopped tomatoes, chopped basil, salt, pepper, olive oil and mix well .
To serve: Place the bread on a tray and pile up the toppings on it and serve.
Key Ingredients: garlic, tomato, basil, olive oil, red chilli, butter, salt, black pepper, mushroom, bread, cloves