Serve a spicy potato and chorizo bake for special brunch the next day..!!
Time to Prepare: 1:00
Difficulty Level: Easy
- 700g red baby potatoes, scrubbed, quartered
- 5 whole garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 red capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1cm-thick rounds
- 2 (about 250g) chorizo, sliced
- 2 sweet corn cobs, kernels removed
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Sour cream, to serve (optional)
Fat Total: 25.00g
Carbohydrate sugars: g
Dietary Fibre: 12.00g
How to Prepare?
Step 1: Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Place the potato in a heatproof bowl and cover. Microwave on High for 7 minutes or until potato is just tender. Transfer to a colander to drain and cool slightly.
Step 2: Meanwhile, crush 1 of the garlic cloves. Combine the crushed garlic with the oil, lemon juice, paprika, oregano and cumin in a large bowl. Season well. Add the capsicum, onion, chorizo, potato and the remaining whole garlic cloves. Toss to combine.
Step 3: Transfer to a large baking dish. Bake, stirring halfway, for 30 minutes or until golden. Stir in the corn. Bake for a further 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle over the coriander and serve dolloped with sour cream, if desired.
Serve any of the leftover bake for brunch, topped with a fried egg.
Roasting the garlic cloves in their skin makes them sweet and mild.