Peaches are one among the favorite pickle ingredient, pleasure to eat in autumn. A total balance of sweet, sour and spice in this recipe makes food taste to the next level. Make it today!
For pickling, use peaches that are just ripe so that they will remain firm and retain their shape when simmered in sugar syrup. You can peel the fruit or use it along with the skin.
This fruity pickle is interestingly spiced with cinnamon and cloves. A little salt is added to most sweet pickles to enhance the sweetness of the pickle. It can be eaten the day it is made or can be refrigerated and stored for up to 1 month.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 19 mins
Makes 2 cups
- 2 cups peach cubes
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cloves (laung / lavang)
- 2 sticks cinnamon (dalchini)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (dalchini) powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp raisins (kismis)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine the sugar, cloves, cinnamon and 1½ cups pf water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes or till the sugar is dissolved, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the peaches, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the cinnamon powder, lemon juice, raisins and salt and mix well.
- Serve or store in an airtight sterilized glass jar and refrigerate it. Use as required.
- Methi Alu Parathas
- Mushroom and Green Pea Parathas
- Nariyal Chane Ka Paratha
- Spinach and Baby Corn Parathas