Recipe Cook Time: 40 Minutes + Cooling Time
Easy to make..!!!
It is a delightful and delicious recipe with sponge fingers soaked in coffee, layered around and smeared with a creamy mascarpone mixture.
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp castor sugar
- 250 gm mascarpone or cream cheese
- 175 ml strong black coffee (make the coffee with 175 ml water with 2 tbsp of coffee)
- 3 Tbsp brandy(cognac)
- 150 gm sponge fingers (sponge cake cut into fingers)
- A few drops of vanilla essence (optional)
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar together till the mixture becomes light and creamy.
- Add the vanilla essence and fold it into the mascarpone.
- To the strong black coffee add the brandy and stir.
- Quickly dip the sponge fingers in the coffee-brandy liqueur. Make sure the fingers soak just enough of the liqueur, but don’t crumble.
- Arrange a layer of sponge fingers in a shallow dish and cover them with a layer of mascarpone.
- Create several layers of sponge fingers, followed by mascarpone. The top layer will be of mascarpone.
- Chill the tiramisu in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours, dust with cocoa powder and serve.
Key Ingredients: castor sugar, cream cheese, cognac, vanilla essence, cocoa, egg, mascarpone cheese, coffee