- Bengan (Brinjal): 1 kg [small and same size]
- Chat masala: 5 tsp
- Pissi Laal Mirchen (Red Chilli powder): 2.5 tsp
- Namak (Salt): 1.25 tsp
Step 1: Make 2 cuts on Bengan (Brinjal) in such a way that they remain attached to their stem.
Step 2: Mix all spices and apply them in the Bengan (Brinjal) cuts. After applying the spices, set them aside for 4-5 hours.
Ingredients [For Gravy]
- Piyaz (Onion): 3 medium
- Tamater (Tomatoes): 4 medium
- Sabz Mirchen (Green Chillies) – 5
- Chat masala: 3 tsp
- Pissi Laal Mirchen (Red Chilli powder): 1.25 tsp
- Namak (Salt): 3/4 tsp
- Oil: 1 cup
Step 1: Fry Bengan (Brinjal) at medium to low flame till they become light golden. After that, remove them from the oil.
Step 2: Cook Piyaz (Onion) in the previously used oil till they become soft.
Step 3: Add all spices, Tamater (Tomatoes), Sabz Mirchen (Green Chillies), and cook for 2 minutes at low flame.
Step 4: Place the fried Bengan (Brinjal) on the cooked masala. Cover and cook on low flame for 5-8 minutes.
Bhagary Bengan are ready for you to enjoy.