- Baingan (Eggplants): ½ kg
- Sabz mirchen (Green chillies): 2
- Oil: ½ cup
- Lehsan (Garlic) paste: 1 tsp
- Piyaz (Onion): 2 medium
- Zeera (Cumin) seeds: ½ tsp
- Tamater (Tomatoes) paste: 3 medium
- Namak (Salt): 1 tsp
- Pissi laal mirchen (Red chilli powder): 1½ 3
- Haldi (Turmeric powder): ½ tsp
- Lemun (Lemon): 1
- Sabz dhaniya (Green coriander): 2-3 tbs
- Garm masala (Whole spices) powder: ¼ tsp
Step 1: Wash Baingan (Eggplants) and dry with a paper towel. Cut Baingan (Eggplants) lengthwise. Don’t remove stems.
Step 2: Fry Baingan (Eggplants) till it becomes brown. Remove fried Baingan (Eggplants) from the oil and let them cool slightly.
Step 3: Remove skin. Add Sabz mirchen (Green chillies) and mash with a fork or masher.
Step 4: Add Lehsan (Garlic) paste to Oil and mix till it becomes golden. Add Zeera (Cumin) seeds and mix well.
Step 5: Add Tamater (Tomatoes) paste and mix well. Add Pissi laal mirchen (Red chilli powder), Namak (Salt), Haldi (Turmeric powder), mix and cook till oil separates.
Step 6: Add Piyaz (Onion) and mix well. Add Baingan paste, mix, cover, and cook at low flame till oil separates [Stir in between].
Step 7: Add Lemun (Lemon), Sabz dhaniya (Green coriander), Garm masala (Whole spices) powder and mix well.
Ready to serve