- Moongray (Redish pods) – 700 gram
- Aloo (Potatoes) – 3 medium
- Piyaz (Onion) – 1 medium
- Dahi (Yogurt) – ¼ kg /1 pao
- Lehsan (Garlic) paste – 1 tsp
- Zeera (Cumin seeds) – 1 tsp
- Pissi laal mirchen (Red chilli powder) – 1½ tsp
- Namak (Salt) – 1¼ tsp
- Haldi (Turmeric powder) – ¼ tsp
- Garm masala (Whole spices) powder – ½ tsp
- Oil – ¾ cup
Step 1: Cut and wash Moongray (Redish pods) properly. Add in a chopper or grinder and chop coarsely. Add chopped Moongray in boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain and rinse with water. Again add in water and cook at medium flame till it gets tender.
Step 2: Add Oil, Piyaz (Onion) in a pan and cook at medium to low flame till Piyaz (Onion) becomes pink. Add Zeera (Cumin seeds) and mix till golden brown.
Step 3: Add Aloo (Potatoes) and mix for 40 seconds. Add Dahi (Yogurt), Pissi laal mirchen (Red chilli powder), Namak (Salt), Haldi (Turmeric powder), Lehsan (Garlic) paste, mix, cover and cook at low flame till Aloo are tender. Cook at medium flame till masala is ready. Add boiled Moongray, mix and cook at medium flame till all water evaporates. Add Garm masala (Whole spices) masala and mix.