- Chicken – 1 kg
- Piyaz (Onion) – 1 [large]
- Tamater (Tomatoes) – 2 [medium]
- Lehsan (Garlic) paste – 1 tsp
- Dahi (Yogurt) – ½ kg
- Sabz elaichi (Green cardamom) – 4
- Dar cheeni (Cinnamon stick) – 1 inch piece
- Zeera (Cumin seeds) – 1 tsp
- Pissi laal mirchen (Red chilli powder) – 2¼ tsp
- Namak (Salt) – 1¾ tsp
- Dhaniya (Coriander) powder – ¾ tsp
- Pissi kali mirch (Black pepper powder) – ½ tsp
- Piyaz kay lachy (Onion rings)
- Podina (Mint leaves)
Step 1: Add Piyaz (Onion) in ¾ cup of oil and mix till they become soft (translucent). Add Sabz elaichi (Green cardamom), Dar cheeni (Cinnamon stick), Zeera (Cumin seeds) and cook at medium to low flame till Piyaz becomes golden.
Step 2: Add Chicken and mix for 2 minutes. Add Tamater (tomatoes), 5 tbsp of Dahi (Yogurt), Pissi laal mirchen (Red chilli powder), Namak (Salt), Pissi kali mirchen (Black pepper powder), Dhaniya (Coriander) powder, mix, cover, and cook on low flame till Chicken is tender. Cook at medium flame till oil separates. Add Lehsan (Garlic) paste, mix, cover, and cook for 15 seconds. Mix for 2 minutes at medium to low flame and then switch off the flame.
Step 3: Put Chicken in a serving dish (spread evenly). Spread Dahi (Yogurt) by using a spoon as shown in the video. [Wisk dahi before using] Add Onion rings [dont overload, serve separately]. Add Podina (Mint leaves) and give Coal dum for 10 minutes.
Delicious Dhuan Dahi Chicken is ready 🙂