- Badam (Almonds): ¼ cup
- Nariyal ka burada (Coconut powder): 2 tbs
- Sabz elaichi (Green cardamom): 4
- Piyaz (Onion): 2 medium
- Oil: ½ cup
- Tamater (Tomatoes): 2
- Dahi (Yogurt): ½ cup
- Chicken: 1 kg
- Dahi (Yogurt): 1 cup
- Pissi laal mirchen (Red chilli powder): 1½ tsp
- Zardy ka rung (Yellow food colour): ½ tsp
- Namak (Salt): 1 tsp [to taste]
- Garm masala powder (Whole spices powder): ½ tsp
- Zeera (Cumin) powder: 1 tsp
- Dhaniya (Coriander) powder: 1½ tsp
- Chilli sauce: 3 tbs
- Ketchup: 3 tbs
- Sirka (Vinegar): 1 tbs
- Lehsan (Garlic) paste: 1 tsp
- Adrak (Ginger) paste: 1 tsp
- Red food colour: 3-4 drops
- Oil: 4 tbs
Step 1: Dry roast Badam (Almonds), Nariyal ka burada (Coconut powder), Sabz elaichi (Green cardamom) at low flame till Coconut powder changes its colour.
Step 2: Fry Piyaz (Onion) in hot Oil till golden. Blend Fried Piyaz (Onion), Badam (Almonds) mixture, Tamater (Tomatoes), and Dahi (Yogurt).
Step 3: Marinate Chicken with Dahi (Yogurt), Pissi laal mirchen (Red chilli powder), Zardy ka rung (Yellow food colour), Namak (Salt), Zeera (Cumin) powder, Dhaniya (Coriander) powder, Sirka (Vinegar), Ketchup, Chilli sauce, Garm masala (Whole spices) powder, Lehsan (Garlic) paste, Adrak (Ginger) paste, Red food colour, Oil, and Tamater paste for 2-3 hours.
You can also freeze it at this stage for 2-3 weeks.
- Oil: ½ cup
- Pani (Water): ½ cup
- Cream/Balai: ½ cup
Step 1: Add marinated Chicken to the pot, mix, cover and cook at medium to low flame for 10 minutes.
Step 2: Cook for 4-5 minutes without covering. Add Oil and mix well. Add Pani (Water), mix, cover, and cook at low flame till oil separates.
Step 3: Add Cream/Balai, mix and cook at low flame for 2-3 minutes.