- Mash Daal (Black Gram) – 350 gram
- Doodh (Milk) – 2 glasses
- Paani (Water) 2 glasses
- Namak (Salt) 1.5 tsp
- Zeera (Cumin Seeds) – 1 tsp
- Sabit Laal Mirchain ( Whole Red Chillies) – 12 – 15 [cut each chilli in half]
- Sabaz Mirchain (Green Chillies) – 4-5 [slices]
- Sabaz Mirchain (Green Chillies) for garnish
- Sabaz Dhaniya (Green Coriander) for garnish
- Oil – 1 cup
- Laung (Cloves) – 4 – 5
- Bari Ilaichi (Black Cardamom)
Step 1: Soak Daal in water for 3 – 4 hours.
Step 2: Slightly warm Water and Milk in a pan. After that, add Daal and cook on low flame. When the Daal is half cooked, add Namak and Zeera in it. After cooking a little more, add Sabit Laal Mirchain and Sabaz Mirchain. Properly cook and dry the Daal.
Step 3: [Tarka] Heat Oil and add Bari Ilaichi and Loung. Fry for 1 minute and then spread on the Daal.
Step 3: Mix and add Dhaniya and Sabaz Mirchain and leave on Dum for five minutes.