- Bengan (Brinjal) – 1 kg
- Arvi (Colocasia root) – 1/2 kg
- Namak (Salt) – 1.5 tsp [to taste]
- Pissi Laal Mirchain (Red Chilli Powder) – 2 tsp [heaped]
- Haldi (Turmeric Powder) – 1/4 tsp
- Tamatar (Tomato) – 3 medium
- Piyaz (Onion) – 1 medium
- Sabaz Mirchain (Green Chillies) – 4 to 5
- Podina (Mint Leaves) – 4 tbs
- Oil – 1.25 cup
Step 1: Fry Piyaz in Oil until it’s color changes to golden brown.
Step 2: Now add and mix Tamatar, Namak, Pissi Laal Mirchain, and Haldi. Add 1/4 cup water, cover, and cook on low flame until Tamatar are tender.
Step 3: After the Tamatar are tender, cook on medium flame till the gravy is ready.
Step 4: Add Arvi and Benjan to the gravy and mix. Cover and cook an low flame till Arvi is tender.
Step 5: Cook on medium to high flame for the water to evaporate.
Step 6: In the end, add Podina and Sabaz Mirchain.