Ingredients [For kabab masala]
- Zeera (Cumin seeds) – 1 tsp
- Sabut dhaniya (Coriander seeds) – 1 tsp
- Sonf (Fennel seeds) – 1 tsp
- Sabut kali mirchen (Whole black pepper) – 20-22
- Sabz elaichi (Green cardamom) – 5
- Darchini (Cinnamon sticks) – 2-3 pieces
- Laung (Cloves) – 4
Step 1: Grind all ingredients into a fine powder.
Ingredients [For cooking chicken]
- Chicken – ½ kg [preferably use both thigh and chest piece for juicy kababs]
- Chana daal (split bengal gram) – ½ cup [soak for 1 hour]
- Sabut laal mirchen (Whole red chillies) – 18-20
- Pissi laal mirchen (Red chilli powder) – 1 tsp
- Namak (Salt) – 1 tsp
- Javatri (Mace) – 1 pinch
- Jahifal (Nutmeg) – 1 pinch
- Pani (Water) – 3 glasses
- Lehsan (Garlic) paste – 1 tsp
- Adrak (Ginger) paste – 1 tsp
Step 1: Add Chicken, Chana daal (Split bengal gram), Pissi laal mirchen (Red chilli powder), Namak (Salt), Pani (Water), Lehsan (Garlic) paste, Adrak (Ginger) paste, Kabab masala [prepared previously], mix, cover and cook at medium flame for 10 minutes.
Step 2: Add Jahifal (Nutmeg), Javatri (Mace), mix, cover and cook at low flame till almost all water evaporates. Make sure the mixture is moist and not completely dry.
Step 3: Grind the mixture either in pestle and mortal or chopper.
- Sabz mirchen (Green chillies) – 3-4
- Sabz dhaniya (Green coriander) – 2-3 tbs
- Podina (Mint leaves) – 2-3 tbs
- Piyaz (Onion) – 1 medium
- Anday (Eggs) – 2
Step 1: Add chopped Piyaz (Onion), Sabz mirchen (Green chillies), Sabz dhaniya (Green coriander), Podina (Mint leaves), Anday (Eggs) and give it a good mix.
Step 2: Make kabab shape of equal size (60 g per kabab).
This mixture yields 13-15 kababs. You can store these in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 1 month.