- Pani (Water): 3 cups
- Kashmiri tea leaves: 2 tsp
- Badiyan ka phool (Star anise): 1
- Sabz elaichi (Green cardamom): 3
- Sonf (Fennel seeds): 1 tsp
- Namak (Salt): 2-3 pinches
- Metha soda (Baking soda): ¼ tsp
- Barf wala pani (Ice cold water): 2 cups
- Doodh (Milk): 1 cup
- Cheeni (Sugar): 1¼ tsp [to taste]
Step 1: Add Pani (Water), Kashmiri tea leaves, Badiyan ka phool (Star anise), Sabz elaichi (Green cardamom), Sonf (Fennel seeds), Namak (Salt), in a pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
Step 2: Add Metha soda (Baking soda), mix and cook for 2 minutes.
Step 3: Add Barf wala pani (Ice cold water), mix, and cook for 5 minutes at medium-high flame. Strain the Kehwa and set it aside. It can be refrigerated for 4-5 days.
Step 4: Add Doodh (Milk), Cheeni (Sugar), Kehwa [almost ½ cup or as required] in a saucepan, mix and cook for 1 minute.
Garnish with nuts and serve hot.