- Chawal (Rice) – 3½ glasses/ 1 kg [soaked for 2 hours]
- Chicken – 1 kg
- Piyaz (Onion) – 2 medium
- Sabz mirchon ka paste (Green chilli paste) – 6-7 tbs
- Lehsan (Garlic) paste – 1 tsp
- Adrak (Ginger) paste – 1 tsp
- Namak (Salt) – 1 tsp [for gravy]
- Zeera (Cumin seeds) – 1 tsp
- Namak (Salt) – 3½ tsp [for rice]
- Garm masala (Whole spices) powder – 1½ tsp
- Oil – 1 cup
Step 1: Add Oil and Piyaz (Onion) in a pan and cook until light pink. Add Zeera (Cumin seeds), Sabz mirchon ka paste (Green chilli Paste), Namak (Salt), Pani (Water) ¼ cup, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Step 2: Add Chicken, mix and cook for 2 minutes. Add Lehsan (Garlic) paste, Adrak (Ginger) paste, mix and cover for 15 seconds. Cook until the masala is ready.
Step 3: Add 5½ glasses of water, Namak (Salt), Garm masala (Whole spices) powder, mix, cover and let it boil at medium flame. Add Chawal (Rice), mix, and cook at medium flame until water is reduced. Cover and cook at low flame for 20 minutes.
Serve with Green raita and kachumar salad.